THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 2

Fire and Ice

It’s been a rather marvelous day. First of all, I walked out the door this morning completely forgetting it was supposed to snow. Perhaps I just didn’t fully believe there would ever be snow - who knows. Regardless, I stepped out into the winter wonderland .. In boots. I wouldn’t have had it any other way though. J I love my boots. (EmKay’s boots… I love EmKay’s boots)

Snow is a wonderful, wonderful thing. It’s absolutely glorious to me that something as simple as flakes of frozen water can make your entire day. I love seeing which of my friends are young at heart (you know the ones -- the ones that get in snowball fights, construct snow families, and turn anything flat and sturdy into a sled). I love realizing that 95 percent of my friends fall into that category. I wrote a song about snow. It’s silly and corny and wonderful.

I made a snow dog, and I wrote “Jesus <3’s You!” in huge letters of snow on the back porch of the Mountain View Building. Also, I made a snowman in the parking lot of Zaxby’s.

“Blaze, Spirit, Blaze .. Set our hearts on fire…”


We sang those words in church tonight and I felt that fire licking at the corners of my soul. It felt like drinking a whole thermos of hot coffee after playing in the snow for hours.
I’ve had similar feelings all through the last few weeks. It’s like quenching an unquenchable thirst over and over again. Like every sip you take is the first one after the desert and yet you’re still reeling from the flavor of the last one.
It’s funny how the living water is something that satisfies, yet you continue to thirst for it.

I’m itching to GO and DO something like they’re doing… Every time I think about it my heart leaps and does all sorts of acrobatics. So I’m praying and praying.
“Here I am… Send me…”

0 comments: