THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 5

Together We Fill Gaps

Paulie: [talking about Adrian] You like her?
Rocky: Sure, I like her.
Paulie: What's the attraction?
Rocky: I dunno... she fills gaps.
Paulie: What's 'gaps'?
Rocky: I dunno, she's got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps.

Best scene in Rocky... Best scene.

I like the idea that what I'm supposed to do is come along side someone and fill gaps. That's not to say that I can complete them, because I certainly can't -- but it is to say that God created us, as women, to be helpers for our husbands. Whether that means cooking dinner, raising children, or balancing the checkbook. I'm excited about that. I look forward to being able to aid him as he finishes school and work with him towards goals at work. I wanna see those dreams come to fruition and help in forming the next ones.

We both have failings, that much is certain. There are all sorts of little gaps in our personalities and our pasts. Something we've both noticed is how well suited each of us is to push the other to what is right. We help each other wrap our heads around difficult situations and talk through frustrations.

Last night, you asked me when I became the strong one. I told you I've never been strong and neither have you. "How true" is what you said. And I think that's the key. We both realize (at least now) that it's not us, we've never been good at this. It's Christ in us that holds us up and pulls us through.

You can't save me, I can't save you, but together with Christ, we fill gaps.

0 comments: