THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 2

Twist Ties, Question Popping, and an Obvious Ending

I would talk about the New Year and resolutions I've made, but I haven't made any and I probably won't. I'd write all about the fun I had on NYE at Becca's party but the pictures are already on Facebook and it's clear to see what I was most excited about that evening.I'd tell you all the ins and outs about how this whole thing happened but it's much cooler to just say God's cool and does some pretty amazing things with broken people.

It's funny, when I was younger I used to say all the time how cute I thought twist tie engagements were. There was always something precious to me about not needing some pretty, delicate, shining declaration of love on your finger to make it acceptable. It's the man you're in love with that matters, not the jewelry he gives you. Don't get me wrong -- when Joe does get me that pretty ring, I'll love it too -- but this ring is just perfect for me and fulfills it's purpose quite expertly. Just like Joseph fits right in the hole God left open for him in my heart this precious little ring fits perfectly on my little hand.




Though we haven't been together officially for even a whole month (though we will be tomorrow, lol) Joe's loved me in both word and deed for quite some time. I love him so much and I'm beyond thankful that God has brought us together in this way despite how much we don't deserve it. I'm so excited about the life we get to build together, the home we'll share and the great things God is doing in and through our relationship.

I am truly blessed beyond all I could ever hope, ask or think.

So there it is -- the most awesome news I ever got to share in a blog. Joseph Johnson Duffey, III is gonna marry me, and I'm gonna marry him right back.

0 comments: