THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 21

Better Angels

What if I don’t have any better angels
What if this is the best that I can do
If it’s all downhill from here
Can I expect you to disappear 
Are you only passing through
Or is it enough that I love you

No matter how loud you say it
I simply can’t believe it’s true
Brace to take it on the chin
Accept that I’m the lesser twin
Dead ringer for a love brand new 
Inadequate substitute 

Cause I ain’t got no better angels
What you see is what you get
Work it out in therapy
Different day, same damn debris
And I still think I’d be prettier brunette
Always end up being someone’s regret

They say if you want someone to love you
First you’ve gotta love yourself
So my darling, you can see
You can’t be in love with me
I’m just standing in for somebody else
Time to climb back on the shelf

Why don’t you find a better angel 
Surely there’s one flying around
Shiny, bright, uncomplicated
With a soul that ain’t so weighted
By these heartbreak hand-me-downs
With a soul, not a shanty town

Go and find your better angels
Because mine aren’t heaven bound

0 comments: