Saturday, September 26

Stupid Questions

Can you land on the sun

if you do it at night


Will you drown in the ocean
if you try to drink instead of breathe


If you bury a secret
by the willow
do the roots tell the leaves


Can I outrun my shadow
if I run toward the dark


If the moon fell into the water
would the ocean become the sky


If you break a promise
to yourself

but never say it out loud

did it ever count


If I am afraid of losing you
does that mean I have you

or has it already happened


If your hand still fits in mine
is that evidence of anything


If I can imagine a life without you
does that mean I don't want one with you


Is the restlessness in my bones 

a sign that perhaps maybe

I am not actually the cool girl


Did I develop standards 

and am I even allowed to


Is it selfish to raise a bar 

that you already lifted up from hell


Is it settling if this 

is leaps and bounds better

than anything I’ve ever known


Baby can you water the grass

I wanna stay in our yard


Is it ours

Did we let it die 


When did the fence start falling apart

and is it because you’re sitting on it

or am I

No comments: