Tuesday, September 22

One I Can’t Write

I tried writing sad songs about about you
Angry ones that call you ugly names
But every time I put the words to music
They all end up coming out the same


No matter what you did or didn’t do

I can’t seem to not be loving you

If you’re listening for a song to curse your name

That’s one I can’t write, and I can’t play


I tried yelling all this love at the heavens

Hoping that the wind might blow it away

Banish all this nonsense to the horizon

Let the setting sun swallow all this pain


No matter what you did or didn’t do

I can’t seem to not be loving you

If you’re listening for a song to curse your name

That’s one I can’t write, and I can’t play


Just keep doing what you’re doing

And I’ll try to pretend 

I know you’re not stupid

And you pick up every hint

If it didn’t feel so goddamn perfect being in your arms

Maybe I’d be over it maybe I would have moved on


No matter what you did or didn’t do

I can’t seem to not be loving you

If you’re listening for a song to curse your name

That’s one I can’t write, and I can’t play







No comments: