THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 1

Come You Weary and He Will Give You Rest (Sing to Jesus)

Far too often we seek freedom in all the wrong places. Freedom isn't in being unattatched or in having no rules. Freedom isn't in living on your own or making all your choices alone. Freedom isn't in running or flying away from our troubles.

Freedom is in Christ and in Christ alone. Freedom is within the bounds of His love and yes, his law. It seems kind of backwards, sure. In order to gain your life you must lose it, to live you have to die, to be first you have to be last -- it's a flipped way of living.
All I know is that there used to be an anvil of guilt on my chest and now it's gone. There use to be chains of habit that tied my feet and now it's nothing but a readiness (an urgent, itching readiness) to share this peace I've been given. My hands were bound by the choices and mistakes I had made and kept making, and now - not only are they untied but - I hold the sword of truth in one and the sheild of faith in the other. I have been given this manual for life and the knowledge that I don't have to do it by myself.

I'm free now.
I am a bondservant of the Lord.
I am free.
I am a captive of grace, a prisoner of love.
I am free.

I am not my own. I have been bought with a price.

He has given me an identity. He has given me the ability to do that which is good. He had given me a heart that wants to do good. He has given me freedom.

He's given me a burden for you. Sometimes it's so heavy I can hardley bear to think of it. No matter how I've tried to shake it, it remains tied onto my heart. I pray for you constantly.
I wish you could taste this freedom. I wish you could see that it's real, and not just a nicely packaged story...

" You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." Jeremiah 29:13&14

0 comments: