THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 25

What I Want From You

I want you to trust me. I want your trustworthiness.
I want you to have hopes. I want my hopes for you to come to fruition.
I want you to believe. I want my belief in you to not be in vain.

I don’t want you just to be happy, I want you to know great joy. I want to be there to see it written on your face.
I don’t want you just to succeed. I want you to find purpose in Him. I want to be there when you realize it’s all Him.

I want what you don’t even realize you have to offer. I want everything. I want to know your heart at it’s deepest level and I desperately want you to know me. I want to know your ups and your downs. I want to share your burdens, but also your lightheartedness.

Whether you believe me or not, I do love you. It’s a struggle, I’m not gonna lie. It’s broken my heart over and over again, but I’m still here. It’s a choice -- if I wanted to stop, I guess I could, but that’s the beauty of it. I don’t want to stop loving you. I may not always be ‘in love’ with you (though I will admit that at this moment I do feel I am -- but you knew that) but I will always love you.

Love is patient and kind
Love does not envy or boast
It is not arrogant or rude
It does not insist on its own way
It is not irritable or resentful
It does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth
Love bears all things,
Believes all things,
Hopes all things,
Endures all things.

Love never ends.

What do I want from you? All of the above. I know you can never give me that on your own. I know that I will never give that to you on my own. What I want is for you to let me love you, but I won’t stop if you refuse. What I want is for you to love me, but I won’t stop loving you even if that never happens. What I want is your heart - I want your good heart, your kind heart. I even want your filthy rags.

Everything. That’s what I want from you.

0 comments: