THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 16

I Can't Believe I Hit a Giraffe

So I spent the night with my sister's family in Calera last night before I drove them to the airport. They're heading off to Washington DC to see the Inauguration and the flight left super early so we made a night of it.
My niece Megan was so very kind to me and offered the other half of her bed so that I didn't have to spend the night on the couch. She did this and failed to inform me that her room is a breeding ground for very strange, very vivid dreams. Dreams like the one I had last night.

The dream starts at BYG one Wednesday night. I'm excited and letting all of my friends know that I just got a job at ChikFilA on 280. One particularly creepy guy walks up and asks me out on a date for Saturday night. I didn't want to go but didn't want to hurt his feelings so I told him that I might be working till close that night.
Later Kathleen Cook invited me to go out and catch dinner and a movie with her Saturday night. So the dream continues as I'm driving(not my car, but an FJ Cruiser) Kathleen back to her car (parked at ChikFilA). We pull in the parking lot and see that the guy who had asked me out was sitting in his car and looked really upset. So we start to drive off but he's already seen us and begins to follow us.
We drive all over Birmingham trying to lose him. As we drive down the hill on Columbiana Rd, we hear a really loud weird noise from the bottom of the car and suddenly it won't move forward anymore. I looked to my left and what did I see? A GIRAFFE

I woke up and freaked out. I may have kicked Megan. But I very quickly fell back asleep and picked up here...

All I could say was "I hit a giraffe. I can't believe I just hit a giraffe! We're in Birmingham -- how did I just hit a giraffe?!" I asked Kathleen if she saw it coming and she said she did. So I started freaking out because she didn't say anything. And the guy who had been following us came to the window all upset and said he'd been waiting for me for hours. I just said "I don't even have time to deal with this right now... I just hit a giraffe with my car."
So a bunch of cops show up and my mom appears out of nowhere and starts talking to stalker boy about separating fantasy from reality. The cops told me the giraffe has escaped from the zoo when one of the children's zoo workers had forgotten to lock the cage or something. Just then the giraffe stands up, crushes a whole side of the FJ and runs away.
So I drove Kathleen to her car and started to drive home. Only problem was after an hour or so I realized I had been driving around in circles. So I stopped at a red light and was thinking.. "I need to to turn right.. or is it left. Maybe it's right..."

And that's how I woke up, sitting there freaknign out because I knew where I needed to go but for the life of me didn't know which direction I needed to turn.
Weird dream. If yall only knew what that giraffe means...

0 comments: