THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 6

Less Than 25 Things

Can I just say that I really love how everyone is like "ugh do I have to" with these 25 things Notes?! I love it more when they actually write some really interesting things in them. As for those of you boycotting them or saying that the existance of such things are a testamony to the fact that no one has real relationships anymore... well yeah... I mean you're on Facebook -- the fact that we have created an entirely cyber world that makes it possible to know everything about someone without ever seeing them did that.

I think that they're cool. I would most definitely rather have a face to face discussion with someone and have these things come out over time, but chances are it just won't happen. We've packed our schedules so full that we don't have time for relationships. We don't have time to catch lunch with an old friend, we don't have time to cultivate our friendships. Having these "social" networks makes us feel better about that because then we can at least have a plug in on what's going on with everyone in their busy little worlds.

Some people choose to boycott these networks in hopes that things will change. I think it's kind of silly personally. Honestly, do you think that deleting your Facebook account is going to make your friends less busy? Do you really believe that if you refuse to have a conversation online that it means you'll have the opportunity to have one face to face? No. It's just not. You'll just lose touch completely. Which'll be great for your schedule.. I mean, you'll clear that right up.

As for me, I'm just takin advantage of the multiple lines of communication that the internet has opened up. I live half an hour + from almost all of my friends, so getting together with people is a bit of struggle. I call my friends rather than talk online most of the time, but I've only got so many minutes on my cell. So why, when I've got this avenue where I can see the 'status' of like 50 people at a time and read all about how my friends are doing, why wouldn't I take advantage of that?

Anyways. Just a few thoughts.

0 comments: