THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 27

Confessions of a Graduate Assistant: Part 4

Greetings from Carefree, AZ! We're here at Day 5 of the Briarwood Chapel Choir Tour 2009. Today's events included breakfast at the LaQuinta (they had a waffle maker =^D ), driving, photo ops, driving, lunch, driving, and then a full concert.

The drive today was rather interesting. The terrain is less boring - there are mountains and cacti -- the occasional wild cow. It's beautiful, really. Also, it's rather entertaining to watch for little dust tornadoes.

We stopped at one particular rest stop and the rocks were so aazing that we clearly had to take a group photo opportunity by the horns. This took some time... but it was worth it.

Speaking of pictures -- I'm looking forward to the last two days of the trip that I'll be chained to my laptop creating the tour video for the homecoming concert. Should be fun. I just wish I had my Camp Lee pics so it would be a complete year.

Backto the day -- We stopped in Tucson, AZ for lunch and discovered a two story Forever 21 with a mens section (wtc??) . Nothing too interesting happened there.

After lunch it wasn't a very long drive to Scottsdale, AZ and Covenant Community Church. We had a few hours of downtime which was nice. Got some practice in and played a little basketball. Anita and a few other wonderful ladies prepared an amazing meal for some very enthusiastic, hungry guests. Much appreciated. The concert went very well. Only a few minor issues with words -- but we determined it's Mr. Campbell's fault (jk). All the solo acts (well I guess there were really any SOLOs... duets, trios and quartets) did very well.

I'm telling you folks, I just keep winning this host home lotto. Not once have I had an even remotely weird or bad experience. It's awesome just being able to chill. So much better than hotels where everyone is all hyper and hopped up on caffeine and the ability to order pizza to their rooms.

Sorry the post isn't quite as colorful as previous ones. Tomorrow's should be great -- we leave bright and early for Williams, AZ and you guessed it... THE GRAND CANYON! So excited. I didn't have a camera last time we came... I might pass out from pure joy. Oh wait -- no I'm just tired...

Pleasant Dreams, Happy Trails, Y'all Come Back Now Y'Hear.

0 comments: