THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 25

Confessions of a Graduate Assistant: Part 3

Six. Hundred. Miles.
I think you all understand without much elaboration what 600 miles on a bus with 40highschool students can do to a person. Exhaustion, restlessness, anxiety, claustrophobia, headaches, and of course the imminent fear of the next days travels.

Obviously you people don't know me.

I loved it. 600 miles? Are you kidding me?! That's awesome!!! We saw the terrain change to the most boring of all time to the most gorgeous landscapes. And the clouds were so beautiful...

It never ceases to amaze me how vastly different different parts of this world are. The people, the land, the trees, even the sky is different. Our God is so awesome.

We sing this one song "Daily Prayer" where it talks about God being the Artist of the Sky...


Anyways - the traveling went smoothly today. No major accidents and no serious issues with the authorities. I mean, our bus got searched before we were allowed to cross the border into New Mexico, but hey no biggie. Seeing Mexico on the left and America on the right was a big hit for all the kids. Also,Patrick Russo attempted to finish a Whirly Pop in one sitting -- however he was unsuccesful. He gave it the old college try though, so props to him.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We'll be driving about 5 hours or so to Scottsdale, Arizona. I can't wait to see the Barnes family. We'll be singing our very first FULL concert ( kids duets, trios etc and all ) so pray that we all remember the words and that the kids save their voices on the bus ride.

I'll update as I can -- but for now it's time to hit the sack.

0 comments: