THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 24

Confessions of a Graduate Assitant: Part 2

Days 2 and 3 of tour went rather smoothly. No one died, no one was very seriously injured, no one got lost. In other words a few people almost died, some people haveminor injuries and occasionally we didn't know quite where all of our kids were. Oh well -- all's well that ends well, right?

Day 2 was spent on the road from Shreveport, LA to Spring Texas. Once again I won the host home lotto and got a pool. Loved it. Great host family. Also -- as we were eating dinner we noticed the attractive young man cutting our host family's grass. We figured perhaps he was tired and thirsty so I volunteered to take him an ice cold drink. Conveniently I found an opportunity to slip him my card. All in a day's work my friends.. all in a day's work.

Day 3 began with a contemporary service at Spring Cyprus Presbyterian Church. Lovely place. Got through the service with minimal naps. We sounded infinitely better than our first concert. Following the Contemporary service was the Traditional service in which we sang a different set of songs and once again, sounded marvelous. It's a Choir Tour miracle.

Then we took a lovely three hour drive to San Antonio, TX. Loved it. We remembered the Alamo, or at least said we did. {Gold star to anyone who can ACTUALLY remember the Alamo). Then it was onto the Riverwalk where we parused booths and the majority of our choir members ate some classic TexMex cuisine. Good times. Also -- I got a tattoo. Relax, it's just henna. Perty little bird.

Then it was about another hour drive to Kerrville, TX to the very first of our hotel stays. Surprisingly all the students were in their rooms on time and without much prompting. It's yet abother Choir Tour miracle.

Really great group of kids this year. Really great.

Tomorrow we'll drive 600 miles to Demming, NM. Can you hear me exclaiming in joy? No.. really I actually do love the long drives. Brought my guitar along for them. Also I have "The 5000 Year Leap" and Glenn Beck's "Inconvenient Book" to keep me company. Though I doubt I'll get to the books. It's hard to get bored when we have such an awesome bus driver to chit chat with.

Anyways -- it's getting late and I'm planning on waking up early to hit the treadmill.

G'night folks.

0 comments: