THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 28

Confessions of a Graduate Assistant: Part 6

You get an extra update today. We're in the midst of a two hour quiet time on the bus. I've just made my rounds down one side and up the other giving any consenting, awake person a 3 minute massage. Now they're almost all asleep.Good thing because I don't think anyone slept at the hotel last night and we're starting to drop like flies. Whoever had the genius idea to bring a nurse along should get an award of some sort. Mrs. Duffey is definitely appreciated.
For you parents reading at home-- I don't think there's anything contageous going around. 95 percent of the ill are simply over tired and under rested.

This morning I was reminded of another reason why I love this choir so much. When things get dramatic (which is nearly impossible to escape when you have 40 high school students in close quarters) we have a collection of really spectacular leaders who are there to give everyone a quick reality check. We have sweet girls standing by to give encouragement when somebody's homesick or feels poorly. We have equally sweet guys who bear the weight of loading and unloading the bus along with carrying the burdens of those who are struggling. When someone under budgets for food and runs out of cash half way through the trip -- 6 kids volunteer to chip in for their lunches and dinners.

Every morning on the bus either Kathleen or Tyler (Choir Presidents) have recruited someone to give a devotion. Each morning I'm amazed at the depth of these kids' relationships with Christ. They're seeking after him and seeking after opportunities to lead other to him.

Last night at the pool Patrick (Russo -- one of our chaperones) had the opportunity to share with one of the other guests at the hotel. I don't know how it went, but it was very encouraging to see that even at a time where most of us would be playing and hanging out with our friends that he was ready for the opportunity.

This kids love each other. They love the Lord and they love people. That's why I love this choir and that's why I'm not leaving till they make me.

0 comments: