THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 29

Confessions of a Graduate Assistant: Part 7

Ok, so another 600 miles may have done it to me. I'm wiped out friends. Wiped out. And yet I'm still awake blogging and talking on the phone with Aaron Hux who was on this tour last time we came out. That was a great tour...

So Date Night... I would love to tell you all who was with who -- but I honestly have no idea. We stopped in Albequerqi (sp?), NM and everyone had a great time. For those of you unfamiliar with Date Night allow me to explain...

Every year on one of our hotel nights the Choir Presidents and chaperones get together to create a questionare that will aid them in deducing which girls should be placed with which gentlemen on tour for a fun, drama free, non date, Date Night outing. This outing generally takes place in an area with multiple resteraunts and other entertainment opportunities so teh guys can get a bit creative. Oh but the creativity doesn't start there -- it starts when they boys are notified of the girls they have been assigned. This is where the magic happens. They start cooking up ways to convince their dates to attend dinner with them that evening. Let me tell you -- it gets interesting. The "suitor" with the most creative (And generally, most public) request is awarded bragging rights, a small trinket (trophy of some sort) and legendhood.

This year it was Chip Elmer who impersonated the entertainment on our Grand Canyon Railway trip (check him out at www.cclearwater.com) in front of the whole bus. It was expert. He now is the proud owner of an Arizona keychain and will go down in the history books.

We've got a few struggling choir members (my sister for one) that are really feeling the strain of the long drives and minimal sleep. Pray that we'll have the chance to recover tonight and tomorrow before our last on the road concert in Arlington, TX.

On the final leg of today's ride I had the opportunity to listen to the testimonies of some fellow travelers and share my own. Once again it's encouraging to see the amazing accounts of how great our God is in the lives of His own.

I'll update as I can. Keep an eye out for videos and pictures.

0 comments: