THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 29

Confessions of a Graduate Assistant: Part 8

This morning started rather quickly for me. I think I woke up 5 minutes before the bus left. I don't think I missed much while napping on the bus -- seeing as how I awoke just in time to see the camels on the side of the road. This country is so diverse...

We stopped for lunch somewhere in Texas that happened to be a place that I remember from the last Grand Canyon Tour. I ate at the same China Buffet where Ryan Austin, Helen Walker, Kelsey Freeman and I ate. Made me miss old times.

Along the ride to Arlington the usual bus activities took place. Lots of sleeping, movie watching and practicing. I wrote a song about Sterling Street (I'll copy the lyrics at the bottom of this) in approximately 15 minutes or so.

Tonights concert went very well. Mary Ann Friday was so horse taht she had to drop out of the trio so I filled in. We remembered all the words in every single song. I was very impressed.

Tonight Lydia and I are staying with the cutest little family ever.

Tomorrow we'll be driving to Oxford, MS. We'll have a pool party and bright and early Sunday morning will sing in their church service before driving back to Birmingham for our homecoming concert.

It's been a great tour so far -- keep praying for the voices to regain their strength and the kids to get their rest.

G'night all.
-------------------------------

Sterling's Song
(DISCLAIMER-- This whole song is totally false and just written on the bus to kill time and cheer Sterling up)
-------------------

Sterling is the boy next door, but he doesn't know my name
I'm just the girl next door and he never walks my way
So I'll just have to wait for another day

I used to sit in my yard and wait for him to pass by
His sisters used to call me crazy, they always asked me why
I would sit and wait
Every single day

Cus Sterling used to sing my name
Back when we were kids
He said I had a pretty smile
Promised that I did
So I'll just have to wait
For a better day

Mary lived across the street and wore her hair in curls
Sterling whispered once to me that he really liked that girl
That's when I started to play
This silly waiting game

Sterling walked across the street every afternoon
Never seemed to notice me with my eyes so blue
But I'd still sit and wait
Every single day

Cuz Sterling used to sing my name
Back when we were kids
Said I had a pretty smile
Promised that I did
So I'll sit here and wait
For a better day

One morning I woke up to Sterling at my door
He said that Mary just was not the girl he loved next door
Now I don't have to wait
Today's my favorite day

And Sterling finally sings my name
Like when we kids
He says I have a pretty smile
That I always did
And I won't have to wait
For a single day
Cuz today's the perfect day

0 comments: