THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 25

Ch-ch-ch-changes

When I was in the 8th grade my GRC (Gifted Resource Center) teacher Mrs. Stringer had us make a binder all about the work we had done that year and the hopes we had for our future. I had a hard time putting mine together. I was terrified of the future, terrified of change. I guess I still am a little bit.

I was reading one of the reflections and couldn't help but be a little upset. It was supposed to be a paragraph or two about where I wanted to be after high school, but (you know me) I turned it into an essay. I had so many dreams back then. I was so motivated to succeed and so competitive. I can't help but sit here and wonder where that went.

It's not like I don't want success. I guess I just formed a different idea of what success is over the years.

0 comments: