THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 26

Knowing How Way Leads to Way

I'm looking forward to a lot of things right now. I can hardley wait for my new niece to arrive (the second one). This new job (@ the new Five Guys Burgers and Fries in Hoover) looks like it will be tons of fun. I just had a phone call from the Alabama Policy Institute and it looks like I'll be working on some public education videos for them soon. It's exciting.

I've been writing like crazy. I've written about 20 new songs(and another currently in the works) since the summer started and I'm chomping at the bit to get in the studio. I really like the way this newer stuff is sounding.

I'm starting to brush up on my test taking skills and going back through the ACT study booklets because if I'm going to go to Samford next year (crosses fingers) I'll need to take that again. I'm working on audition pieces for potential scholarships.

Life is changing rapidly, which in previous days would have scared me into a paralyzed state. While I'm a bit shaken, at this point, I'm more excited about seeing how things fold out. As I said in my previous post, I never would have expected I would be here at this time in my life. I have no clue what's next in my path, but I can't look back and wonder what would have been different. If I had gone to college right away or if I didn't date him or if I hadn't done this or if I had done that -- what does it matter? I can't go back, I can only go forward.

The path is still covered with grass and the next turn is overgrown with weeds, but who knows what sort of adventures it leads to? Who knows what is just beyond where I can see?


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

0 comments: