THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 6

Thomas Rivers -- Not In Vain

My mind is running on high speed right now about anything and everything because I'm trying not to "What If" myself into oblivion wondering about the results of my MRI this morning. For all my friends and relatives who read that and start freaking out -- Stop... it's probably nothing but a concussion or a bad migraine or something and I'll be letting you know as soon as I know what it's all about. So none of that worrying or spazzing about things we can't control ok? OK. Moving on.

Though I didn't know Thomas well at all, I have several friends who were very close to him. I keep those friends, as well as his family members, in my prayers. I know that God will comfort His own.

The funeral is tomorrow at Briarwood and a group called Westboro Baptist (I can't bring myself to call them a church, but that's what they claim to be) is coming to protest nearby. Here's a link to an image of their press release. It breaks my heart for his family, but also for the members of this church who have been led so far from the truth and for those who see their message and are turned farther from it themselves.

I think some people are getting together to try and block their protest in some way, though I won't be able to be among their ranks. Here's some more info on that.

I pray that the Lord will comfort the hearts of the Thomas family and quiet the voices of those who seek to make the hurtful, untruthful claims about the death of a young man who should be remembered as the honorable and brave soldier he was.

0 comments: