THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 23

Thanks for the Inspiration June

Today I wore the apron Joe bought for me on our honeymoon in the Smokey Mountains. I felt very much like a little girl playing house with her mom's kitchen things at first, but then I began to grow into it all and understand that these tools are all mine to wield. I can hardly wait for dinner - mostly though I'm waiting to see his face when he walks in the door and smells it.

I thought it might be fun to let you in on the recipe I used for Banana Nut Bread. I haven't tasted this yet but it smells absolutely incredible.



Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon soda
* 2 cups flour
* 3 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
* 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Preparation:
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture. Stir in bananas and chopped pecans.

Pour banana nut bread batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans; bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Yields 1 loaf.

Enjoy!

0 comments: