THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 22

Oh Modified Bed Rest... The Things You Make Me Not Do

Friday night was just no good. We're at 30 weeks (that's 7-10 weeks way too early for those of you keeping track at home) and I started having contractions every few minutes. I say every few minutes but what I mean is I would have one and then 6 minutes later I'd have another and then 2 minutes later and then 17 minutes later and then one right on top of another... It all boiled down to having 8-10 in an hour which was enough to get us to labor and delivery at Brookwood Hospital.

I won't chronicle the whole thing but I will tell you that if they tell you the shot of Brethine (Terbutaline.. speed... whatever..) is going to feel like a bee sting and you've never had a bee sting... Bee stings are painful, wretched things. ((Speaking of wretched things -- Terb is definitely on that list. Joe told me yesterday he's going to refer to me as Tweaky while I'm on it. I'm ok with that, because that's exactly how I feel. However if anyone else were to call me that I just might go all "tweaky" and nobody wants to see that. Consider yourself warned.)) At 7 or 8 the next morning after successfully stopping the contractions they sent us home with a Rx for the oral version of bee sting crank (I'm only sort of kidding.), lots of fluids, and rest.

So now, while Joe, my sanity, is at work I'm sitting around being frustrated at the pile of laundry I dropped four times in an attempt to get to the washing machine. And I thought I was bad at housework before I became a twitchy mess of uncoordinated muscles and bones...

Clearly the best and most productive place to turn is the world of Mommy bloggers. There's something comforting in knowing that there are other people somewhat like me that are trusted with caring for itty bitty people. Even more so knowing that they're surviving and finding ways to laugh at life.

Clearly, since you are all extremely interested in my opinion, it's necessary for me to compile a list of my favorites. Ok, so maybe not so interested, but Tweaky's bored, so I'm doing it anyway.

LET'S PANIC ABOUT BABIES!


Things Pregnant Women Shouldn't Do

A Little Pregnant

It's just SOOO funny the way a two year old screams

Motherhood Uncensored

Show Mommy How A Jedi Eats

Probably the most precious thing I read all day long

Becoming Sarah

This one's just really friggin cute

It's coming isn't it...

Adventures in Mommyhood

Her rant on the book everyone told me not to read, but I read anyway


I agree on the pregnant liars thing....


The Mom Slant

Preach it.

Not a funny post, but an important one

Preemie Mama

Things I'm very glad didn't happen Friday night

Attack of the Redneck Mommy
I'm warning you -- this is not for the faint at heart, or anyone who doesn't appreciate laughing at really uncomfortable gross things --- but it's really, really hilarious

Ok... I think that's enough -- and my husband is home now and I want to go hold his hand in my tweaky one, so... happy reading :)






0 comments: