THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 1

Congratulations

I remember what it was like... Being afraid in the place that I called home. I would fall asleep on that air mattress and wonder if the house I fell asleep in was the same one I would wake up in. Would she allow me to stay  or would I end up sleeping on a friend's couch or my car again. I remember feeling like I couldn't even shower without the possibility of being accused of something. I would get undressed in the shower with the door lock and the curtain pulled. I would pray and pray and pray that I would finally get that promotion and that raise and could get my own place. And then it all came crashing down, though not in the way I expected.

I remember even before that, feeling like just my very existence was a danger to my life. I hadn't done anything but obey, but I felt like trash.

That's sort of how this feels. Only, this time it's my little babies who are the hated ones. How can you look at these innocents and snarl that way?



How broken is your sense of what is right, what is good and what is pure? Are you really so self important.

If your goal was to terrify an entire family and push them out of the place they've called home... congratulations. Goal Reached.

0 comments: