And what if I am dancing with everyone
What if all I have wanted this whole time on earth is to move with abandon, twirl around and feel the weight lift
What if all I have wanted this whole time on earth is to move with abandon, twirl around and feel the weight lift
What if the dancing makes the puddling on the floor farther away for a moment
Alone, sure
Fine.
But with a someone…
To be fools together
To feel a weight lift from two souls
Yeah you can step on my feet
Don’t worry I’ll catch you
No, it’s fine, we don’t have to know what we’re doing
I think I would always rather people think whatever they will
So I’m gonna dance
If not with my someone, then with everyone
Because I have puddled on the floor
And if I’m going to be water
I’d rather be humidity in air and sweat on skin
Hard fought with a good time
I’m not sure I can wait on you to catch up if you want to pool around my ankles asking me not to dance
No comments:
Post a Comment