Tuesday, September 15

Bianca

 Taming the shrew wasn’t good enough for you

Had to sneak up to stab up my back
But good guys finish last so I guess that you had to
Play the long game to make up the slack


Did it slow but not easy
Kept me a breath shy of breezy
Gave me shoes but keep me with child
Got bored with your start up
And started to mark up
The wrong parts of my kind of wild


Bianca
Where are you
Are you blonde, are you young, are you still
Bianca
Tear in two
Do whatever I say when I will


You wanted a fight
But not one that bites
Wanted the flame that don’t burn
Kept me on the hook
With your all knowing look
Like there were mysteries I had to learn


Did it slow but not steady
Kept me just one step from ready
Made me question all that I knew
while I named my believing
In every new season
That never gave reason to you


Bianca
Where are you
Are you blonde are you young are you still
Bianca
Tear in two
Do whatever I say when I will


You liked me proud
But not when I was loud
Wanted a storm that stayed in her place
Told me to stay small
So you’d love me at all
I could’ve vanished with barely a trace

Kept me near but not equal
Made your game of the sequel
And goddamn you had something to prove
Gave me room but no freedom
Said I was the reason
You had anything left to lose


Do it slow but not easy
Kept me a breath from believing
Made me forget

All my best bets
Gave me a reason
To stay through the season
But never a reason were you


Bianca
Where are you
Are you blonde are you young are you still
Bianca
Tear in two
Do whatever I say when I will

No comments: