THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, November 22

My Dream

Right now I'm sitting on my bed listening to the greats... Dylan, Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, Bob Marley, Billy Joel, Sinatra, John Lennon, Marvin Gaye, REO Speedwagon, Three Dog Night, Air Supply, Chicago, Patty Griffin... I love this music. I grew up with these voices as some of my best friends, advisors and cautionary tales. When my life was all icky and I just wanted to run away and hide, instead of packing my bags I'd plug in my head phones and take a quick escape to their world and their situations. After a couple of songs I'd feel a bit better and I could get back to reality and be ok with it.

As I've been playing around with the idea of rekindling my desire to join their ranks (or at least attempt it) I've been thinking about what I'd want to accomplish. If I ever do get the chance to be a real, bonafide recording artist I wanna do it well. I want to write songs that really mean something, songs that have lives of their own.

My dream is that one day there'll be a girl who finds a friend in my voice and a common thread between the heart of my lyrics and the things that matter in her life. My dream is that someday I get lumped in there with Peggy, Patty, and Ella. My dream is that one day a new artist is filling out their "influenced by" section on MySpace and they type in my name. I mean how great would it be to hear somebody humming something you wrote?

It might be a little silly and a little bit far-fetched but that's what dreams are. It's good to reach for things that seem out of bounds every once in awhile, keeps that part of your heart young and alive.

"I’m not clean, I’m not washed up
This dream I don't ever give up
I don't ever give up
No, I don't ever give up"

1 comments:

Brock said...

It's always nice to read what other people's dreams are. I love dreams and I love planning how to achieve them! The things you've written and posted here are beautiful and I hope and pray with you that you'll be that influence through music that you're dreaming of.