THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 12

A Tiny Little Story is All I Need (watch out for the rumor weed)

I'm doing a little rumor mill damage control.

Apparently there's been a alot of stuff said about me and various physical relationships that I may or may not have had with different guys. I don't know specifally what has been said or who said it or even if you've heard it, I'm just trying to cover all my bases here.

I just wanted to let you all know that if you do hear anything that I would really appreciate if you came directly to me about it. I'm more than happy to discuss it with anyone and answer any questions you might have. My interest here is not to present any kind of picture perfect image. I don't claim to be anywhere near perfect in this or any other area, and to those close to me it is no secret that I have struggled here particularly. I don't want to just say that I'm innocent or to point fingers at who started this or who helped it along. I would just like the opportunity to speak for myself here rather than letting this get so overgrown with half truths and whole lies that no one knows what to make sense of anymore.

In the past I have been content to just brush this sort of thing off and say "Oh well, people will say what they say" but I really think it's gone too far.

Here, read this from the ESV:

Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil. Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need. Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 4:25-32



I want you all to understand that I'm not sending this out in anger at anyone -- I simply want the air to be clear so that there is no division among this body of believers. Rumors, gossip, secrets and lies do not become the children of the Living God. Too long have we let perverse men/women stir up dissension and gossips ruin friendships(Prv 16:28). Have we forgotten so soon that Christ died to cleanse us of our sins? Have we forgotten so soon that we are called to promote and protect the purity and unity of the Church?

It's more than just not lying. It's more than just not starting a rumor. The NASB put's it like this in Proverbs 17:9 : "He who conceals a transgression seeks love,But he who repeats a matter separates intimate friends." Another version says that someone who would erase a sin by forgiving it shows love.

We are called to be like Christ. Christ did not die on a cross and seperate us from our sin to whisper about what we had done later. No, he died for us that we might be seperated from our sins so far as the east is from the west. He died so that now, when God looks at us he doesn't see liars, theives, prostitutes and covenant breakers -- He see's his righteous Son. Who are we to drive the nails in deeper and to grieve the Holy Spirit with our inability to rid ourselves of slanderous speech?

I don't ask that you do this in just this situation. I ask that we all(me included) start living what we say we believe. If it's not in our hearts, if the fruits aren't in our lives all the time then we're nothing more than a bunch of idiots in costumes on Sunday morning.

0 comments: