THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 27

Hanging By a Wire, Hanging By a Thread

When did I stop listening to music? I used to live off of it. Food, I could do without here and there, but a day without music? A day without music would do me in.These days I've been known to go a couple of days without turning on anything but talk radio.

I've been running ragged, weary of the world and like a fool I've thought it was just because I haven't slept like a normal person in two and a half years. It's the music, I'm starved of it. Starved of the new bands, and the singer-songwriters, and the classics alike. Starved of the melodies, the harmonies, the riffs. Hungry for the lyrics. Thirsty for the cool drink of knowing another soft soul has met mine on a musical plane and we were both understood.My soul has been chronically dehydrated.

The beauty of this realization is that it's not like I missed something I can't get back. I never really was one to go to concerts or shows (not that I haven't... or that I haven't loved every second of the ones I did attend). I was always more inclined to listen at home, or better yet on the road. I used to roll the windows down and drive the speed of the sound in my ears. The interstate for Queen. Backroads for Patty and Ella and Peggy and Sara.

I can start again. I already have. Every bar breathes more life into my spirit. If only I could get through a song or two and not have to look up the lyrics and meet them on that plane as well. I've got so much catching up to do...

There's something about you looks different now
These rhymes and riddles I cant figure out
Well you smile and then you cry
And lady I can't tell
Hey pretty lady wont you tell me where it hurts
How can I help you , you never say a word
You just hold your head like a queen of the universe
It's a curse it's a shame
Every body knows your name
But not what your made of

I don't want you to change
Cuz the world outside your frame
Aint all its cracked up to be
Tell me what do u see
When your looking at me
What's on your mind
What's going on inside your head
Did I say something you should have never ever said
Cuz your hanging by a wire
Hanging by a thread               
~Hanging By a Thread / Gordie Sampson

Here we go at it three years later
Will you help me to dream it all up again?
Tired of the same song everyone's singing
I'd rather be lost with you instead
Don't you come around here, come around here anymore
Dragging my fears, dragging my fears out the door
All I have, all I have, all I have, well you know it's yours
Every breathe, every step, every moment I'm looking for
All I have, all I have, all I have is yours
And you watch my heart break a little bit more
My heart break a little bit more, my heart break a little bit more
         ~ Matt Kearney / All I Have



Some days make me feel so crazy
Even though I fake it, I'm not sure I'll make it
Cause there is something lackin'
I can't make things happen
I can't make things work right
Even though I try hard


And I just keep on sinkin'
Deeper when I'm thinkin'
What I could be feelin'
I don't really care now
~Leaves / Crazy
 Walking round deaf
When the sirens are crying.
You don't know it,
She speaks right through you.
Staring at the floor saying nothing you mean.
It keeps spinning out of control.
Has the world changed?
Or is it you that's changed?

She keeps walking past your door.

Hold your tongue, boy.
Hold onto your breath.
It's not done til it's done to death.

In front of a crowd
With the lights in your eyes.
You don't ever get a look at yourself.
She's got a thousand eyes
And they're all fixed on you.
So what is it you're going to do?

She's not your savior
And you're not a saint.
But this is as close as you'll ever get.

Hold your tongue, boy.
Hold onto your breath.
It's not done til it's done to death.
~ John Nolan / Till It's Done to Death

Throw, throw me a lifeline
We had a team
Would you save me if it all goes wrong

Grab, grab me cause I'm yours
Forever that's for sure
That's what I want you to tell me


Well I'll take what I can before you leave
That is just a smile
I'll see you more that's why I can watch you breathe
That is all right
Come on and show me that silky skin
Your o so fine
I know we could turn it right
I know we could turn it right

It's all an illusion
Easier said than done
Let's make a conclusion
This is worth it if we try
~ Kurt Nilsen / Before You Leave

I'm too scared to ask the right questions
And too tired to fill the right shoes
So I'll take advantage of the blues
I'll take advantage of the blue
 ~Jason Isbell / The Blue

0 comments: